- It's one of the healthiest vegetables one can consume and is a nutritional powerhouse!
- It belongs to the Brassica family along with collards and brussel sprouts
- It's a low-glycemic food - great for losing weight!
- It's high in fiber which we all need for quick digestion and a healthy colon
- It's high in calcium and a better source than dairy as many people still believe
- It's high in antioxidants, such as A, C, and E
- It's cancer fighting due to sulfur-containing phytonutrients, which according to research, appear to be able to reduce the occurrence of numerous types of cancer.
- It's is at it's most nutritious and powerful eaten raw (chopped into small pieces and made into a salad) but it can be baked, steamed, and sauteed into a huge array of different dishes!
Try this easy breezy Kale Chip recipe!
Cooking Time: 10 min
Yields: 10 Servings or more
Optional; Sea Salt, Cumin, or other natural spice of your preference
2. Remove Kale from stalk, leaving the greens in large pieces.
3. Place kale on a baking sheet.
4. Spray kale with an olive oil spray dispenser, or place a little olive oil in a bowl and using your finger, rub a very light coat over the kale.
5. If desired, Sprinkle with some Sea Salt or another preferred seasoning.
6. Bake for 5 minutes or until it starts to turn a bit brown - it can burn quickly so keep an eye on it.
7. Turn the kale over and bake the other side. Remove and serve!